Thursday, February 7, 2013

Watercolor Palette: How to Tell Which Color is Which?

Are you having trouble telling one color from another on your Watercolor Palette?
Use a fine point permanent marker to write the name of
each color on the outside edge of the well. You will no longer have to guess whether you are dipping your brush into ultramarine blue or cobalt blue, cadmium red or vermilion.

Want to change your palette around later and eliminate colors or rearrange the order?
The marker can be removed with cotton and acetone
(nail polish remover). Once dry, you can rewrite on the edge again. I've seen artists who place scotch tape on the edges and write on the tape, The tape eventually gets gooey and peels - but hey, it's up to you!

What's my favorite palette?
I like to use a nice big
white palette with lots of wells and a large area for mixing in the middle (I also use the lid to mix colors on as well).... and of course, I have several palettes.... I admit it, I'm an Art Supply Junkie!





This is A Good Palette on Amazon:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!