Thursday, May 2, 2013

Drawing Tips: Solution for Broken Rubber Band

Blick Sketch Pad BoardsQuestion of the Week:
"Hi Wendy, The large rubber band on my big drawing clipboard (for the sketchpad) snapped and I was wondering if you knew where (either in person or online) I could purchase a replacement?
Thanks, Victoria".

Well Victoria, these bands use to last for years, but this is no longer the case. You can sometimes go back to your local art store or go online and order replacement bands. It's best to order several though, because they are just going to keep on breaking.

10 Shot Bands
Blick Sketch Pad Boards
I once purchase about 10 of these large drawing boards to have on hand for new students. I had them stacked in a corner of my studio and one morning I found that almost every band had snapped and shot across the room. It was just a matter of days before the last couple joined the carnage. It seems that now days most bands give way within a few months and if you just purchased your board (as Victoria had), but it's been sitting in the art store for awhile . . .



A Better Solution
So Victoria, I have an even better idea.

Head over to your local hardware store and pick up a short bungee cord.

You can snap it across your pad when you are ready to carry it and pop it off easier than you could the rubber band.

Don't get one that goes all the way around, just one long enough to go from one side to the other.

Easier, simpler and will last for years.




Or better yet, order one from Amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!